Generally, toothaches are present due to exposed roots, cavities and pockets in the gums. All these things may be corrected by professional treatment. However, if you have chronic toothaches, your dental hygiene program is not performing its job properly. No matter how many times a day you brush and floss your teeth, it may be not enough for stopping toothaches. The key thing here is fighting with bacteria in your mouth.
Commercial Dental Care vs. Natural Dental CareSometimes, commercial toothpastes and multiple flossing are just useless. In order to improve your oral hygiene, it is wiser to turn to only natural dental care products. For example, mint oil is considered to be a perfect antibacterial agent. Besides, commercial toothpastes and mouthwashes contain such artificial ingredients as sodium lauryl sulfate, which may even do harm. Therefore, natural dental hygiene routine may kill far more bacteria than any commercial products.
Remember that if you select powerful natural goods, there will be no more need in multiple brushing, flossing and mouth washing. It’s needless to say that anti-bacterial agents of non-commercial origin are true enemies of bacteria overgrowth, resulting in bad breath, gingivitis, gum disease and toothaches. Firstly, you’ll be greatly impressed at your teeth appearance and feeling. Then, you’ll be amazed by how fresh and ‘well’ your breath smells. Finally, you’ll find that your toothaches start disappearing too.
This Is High Time You Visited the Dentist: No ExcusesEither recurring or persistent toothaches are the signal to visit a professional dentist as soon as possible. In fact, even proven remedies for toothache won’t bring you relief completely. As a result, your pain will come back again, sooner or later. So, hurry up to find time and go to the doctor, who will definitely help you. Always keep in mind that any toothache is a sign of more serious problems.
How to Get Rid of a Toothache: 6 Extra Home Painkillers
- Onion has always been a natural antibiotic. Cut a piece of it, place it where the tooth aches and let it be there, without biting or chewing. Perhaps, you’ll need repeating the process.
- Clove Oil is a common natural painkiller. Get it on a cotton ball and hold it directly on the ailing tooth. Wait till the oil gets completely absorbed.
- Peppermint Oil works the same as clove oil, but it is a weaker analgesic.
- Salt Water gets rid of toothache too. Make a mixture of 1 tbls of salt plus 1 cup of warm water. Hold the solution in the mouth for as long as possible.
- Ice Packs also help to reduce a toothache well. Wrap ice in some cloth and put it on the cheek or jaw, the closest to your aching tooth.
- Medications relieve the pain fast. Try aspirin, ibuprofen or other painkillers. You have to put the powder right on your aching tooth.